About the property
This 18th century small palace with 14 rooms and a 684 m2 of private gross area is located in the prime area of the Historic Centre of the City of Santarem. Nearby you can find main local cultural icons, such as Torre das Cabacas and the Jardim das Portas do Sol, allowing you to live a superb quality of life surrounded by history. It's only 50 minutes from Lisbon by car.
The small palace was completely restored, keeping the XVIII century architecture and maintaining its beauty and rigor period features such as the elegant wrought iron balconies and the imposing gates of solid wood. But it also gives you the comfort of 21st century house.
Ground floor – The grandeur entrance:
- Decorative 18th century tiles with Portuguese stone pavement and a central staircase in solid stone;
- Garage with automatic gate and capacity for 2 cars;
- 4 rooms to be recovered that have Ogive Arches from the 18th century;
- 1 independent division with direct access to the street (with large potential for a shop/local business);
- Laundry and machine rooms.
1st floor - The first floor has manorial staircase with wrought iron railings, 18th century tiles, remarkable frescoes from the period in excellent condition:
- 1 large entrance hall that gives access to two distinct areas of the palace, the social (leisure) and the private one (rooms);
- 1 large living room with niches, air conditioning and two balconies;
- 1 average size living room/office with niche, balcony and AC;
- 1 large dining room with a balcony to the outside with AC;
- 1 large hall that includes access to the bedrooms and the attic. It can also be used as a living room/office area and/or closet;
- 1 bedroom without a wardrobe and AC that has an access door to the outdoor patio/garden;
- 1 bedroom with a niche and AC. It has an antechamber with a dressing room and a bathroom (Porcelanosa group ceramic tiles);
- 1 master suite with AC that has a closet and a bathroom (bath, washbasin one large shower, toilet and bidet with Porcelanosa tiles). All of these rooms have direct access to the garden through glass doors;
- 1 bathroom for guests with Porcelanosa tiles;
- 1 contemporary and functional kitchen with renowned furniture from the FORLADY brand (Lena group model). It has a stove, an electric oven, a built-in dishwasher and refrigerator, vertical refrigerator, a water heater, larder, countertops and cladding by SILESTONE brand. There is also a pantry with XVIII century tiles on the walls.
Via a staircase in snail shape, we head to the attic to its original aspect and excellent state of conservation:
- 1 large room fully recovered which can be used as a bedroom or a game room.
- 1 bedroom with a bathroom. This space belongs to the house but has an independent access that can be used as a guest room or service room to the outside/pool;
- A barbecue;
- A lounge (at night led ceiling lights can be switched on) with trees and a huge centenary bougainvillea tree;
- 1 mirror-effect pool swimming pool.
Features that make the difference:
- Solid building with remarkable materials keeping its important structure elements. The small palace contributed to the rehabilitation of the Historic Centre;
- Original materials that enhance the property;
- Original pine floor kept in excellent condition;
- Wooden ceilings in excellent condition;
- Incredibly 5m ceiling height;
- All doors/windows are double glazed with the original wood shutters;
- Renowned bathrooms with materials of the Porcelanosa group adding a contemporary aspect as well as beauty and valued quality;
- The kitchen is comfortable, contemporary and functional with its FORLADY brand;
- Air conditioning;
- Water hole/well with water;
- Salt Water Pool;
- Outside space with stunning views of the city's historic centre. It's possible to gaze Portugal's excellent heritage of the Gothic architecture.
Check this magnificent small palace ... just a phone call away!
This property can be shared with all real estate professionals on a 50/50 basis.
For more information, visit us on the kw Portugal website.
Energy Rating: G